Maritime Connectivity Platform
A decentralised platform facilitating secure and reliable information exchange
within the maritime domain and beyond
MCP participation in the CIRM Annual Conference in Malta
The 2022 CIRM Annual Conference will take place in Malta from Monday 17 October to Thursday 20 October. This year, MCP is assigned to the first half of the morning session on the second day of the program, Tuesday 18 October.
The main topic of the session is the future of maritime data exchange. The speakers are Thomas Christensen, the Secretary General of MCC, Olli Soininen from Fintraffic, Gareth Wimpenny from GLA, and Jin Park from KRISO.
Fintraffic’s vision on MCP usage, GLA’s planned use of MCP for AtoN authentication, and the MCP based SMART Navigation system of Korea will be respectively presented by Olli, Gareth, and Jin.
For more information, you can visit the CIRM website.
MCP Seminar has been a success !
On September 24, The MCP identity management and security seminar ended in great success with lots of interesting discussions.
MCC members shared diverse expertise and practical guidance on MCP in the seminar. And It was an especially meaningful time for members to attend physically and get together, not via online.
If you want more information, the presentations can be downloaded links below;
1. Welcome and introduction to the seminar
2. Introduction to MCP and MCP consortium
3. Identity management and security in MCP
4. Navelink, a commercial non-profit MCP service provider
5. IALA’s expectation from MCP
7. GLA’s planned use of MCP for AtoN authentification
8. MCP-based SMART Navigation
9. Introduction to the technical session
10. Making services that make use of MCP
11. The MIR reference implementation
12. The decentralised trust system
The information exchanged can be almost of any nature, ranging from private confidential information between a vessel and the shore office of the shipowner, to public information provided by authorities, such as the provision of navigational warnings.
– Endorsing organisations to be MCP service providers